Please review the following general volunteer guidelines. As the 10K INTENCITY run approaches, we will provide you with more information about your role. Once you are registered as a 10K INTENCITY volunteer, you will receive our regular newsletter.
- Volunteer registration will close 10 days prior to the race in each city. Volunteers must register online in advance; walk-ups will not be accepted. Some age restrictions apply.
- Please arrive on time for your assignment. Remember that reporting time will be at 5.00 a.m. on the race day. You will have to attend the volunteers meeting on Saturday.
- Please do not bring a bag. Bags thicker than an envelope and larger than a fist will not be permitted on the course, or at the finish line. Small waist packs are permitted.
- If you must bring a bag, you will have to check it at baggage counter check-in. Organizers will not be responsible for lost or stolen bags. Bikes must be secured at the parking place nearest your location.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assigned shift. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of runners or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your team leader.
- Start, finish, transportation, fluid station, and course volunteers will receive a T-shirt. All volunteers will receive a thank you gift when they check out.
- In the interest of safety, please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers. Children below the age of 16yrs cannot enroll as a volunteer.
When you register to volunteer with 10K INTENCITY, we ask you to honor these standards of conduct:
- Conduct yourself as a friendly, responsible, informative, and respectful representative of 10K INTENCITY
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants and other volunteers.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering, including in social media postings of any kind.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are prohibited at all 10K INTENCITY events.
- Follow the directions of your team leader.
Volunteer registration opened July 14th, 2017 for the 10K INTENCITY, and closes 10 days prior to the races in each city
- Volunteers at Medical Station : You will help the medical team for any help required. To assist the runners for any medical help required. You may be placed in the holding area or on the route.
- Volunteers at Water Station : You will be assisting the runners for their requirement of water. You may be placed at the holding area or on the route for supplying water or energy drink to the runners.
- Volunteers at Start/Finish Area : You will be controlling the activities in the race venue. To assist various teams deployed in the Start / Finish Area. To keep things moving smoothly and protect runners safety and security.
- Volunteers at Holding Area : You will be assisting the runners in holding area, their baggage at the baggage counter, Medal distribution, refreshment, VIP booths.
- Volunteers on the route : You will be placed on the route for assisting the runners their route, assisting the technical officials at the turning points, assisting the traffic controllers,
Group registration for the 10K INTENCITY opened on July 14th 2017 and closes 10 days prior to the race in each city. Groups (10-20 volunteers) receive priority access to the designated locations.
- All volunteers, regardless of group affiliation, must register individually on the 10K INTENCITY website. Children under 18 must be registered by a parent or guardian. There is no group registration process.
- Volunteer groups can be from companies, cultural organizations, civic groups, running clubs, athletic teams or any similar organization.
- Each group must have a group leader; duties and responsibilities of group leaders are listed below.
- All members of the group must be at least 16 years old.